Skip to main content

My Health Update 10/23/2014

On Wednesday I tried to refill my prescriptions. The pharmacist called to tell me that all them were rejected by my insurance because, it EXPIRED! Now, since I had to quit working, I have had to depend on Medicaid to cover my medical expenses. Great, that is fine. But when I expire without notice? That is a huge problem. 

Calling the Department of Human Services is no easy task. It takes about 40 phone calls over the course of several days to finally get a hold of anyone. Of course, that person can't help you. So I explain ever so... Dramatically, that I will DIE without my medication and oxygen. Of course, my oxygen concentrator went out too! 

Still waiting to hear back from DHS. He did call back. But of course,  I missed his call and he left no message. I called 4 more times and got no answer. After spending all day on the phone, I took a nap! LOL

Have any of you had issues like this with your insurer? 

Let me know in the comments, or shoot me an email! 

I would love to know if anyone else has had to deal with anything this. 

Have a great day my friends!
 ~April
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Unworthy Of Love Because I Have COPD?

The Week My Heart Broke

Another Update!

So, things are kinda crazy in my life right now. Most of you know about the move, I still haven't made... Too many loose ends to tie up before I can do that. Had a friend that needed a place to stay, she stole from me, and has tried to cause trouble for me. Oh well... Won't be helping her again. This old house is FULL of stuff from my parents and I have to find a way to get rid of all of the things left here, get the yard in order, and all presentable. Thing is I have zero help. So, I have to hire help to take care of everything. Good help is hard to find. 


Also, some of you might remember my trip from hell last summer... Well, I am going again. Call me crazy, I know. Haha. Just can't let my father go alone. Hoping to get over this massive chest cold before we leave on Friday. Remember, if you have COPD, you want to take an expectorant, NOT a suppressant. An expectorant will help thin the mucus in your lungs and you will be better able to cough it out. A suppressant, stops …