Skip to main content

Website Makeover Update

Website Makeover


As some of you might remember, Hope for COPD has a website. One that hasn't been used for several months. One that, I, the creator, have no idea how to beautifully create. LOL This is why it has not been promoted.

Some months ago, I started working with a great company and learning a lot from them. I was hoping to have them work on my website. But, then when it came time I was told they don't work on general sites like mine, and that the $20000.00 would most likely be out of my budget. Boy where they right!

So, I have come up with some new ideas, and been playing around with the site off and on since then. Hope for COPD went from being a small thing... A few hours a week spend reading COPD related research and articles and blogging and tweeting about them... To a full time job, with countless hours spend each week researching relevant content and scheduling tweets, interacting with my Twitter followers and Facebook group. And, I LOVE it!

I am so happy to be able, still, to do something meaningful and that I am passionate about.


The new site, once completed, will be the only link I send out in reference to my blogs. The site itself will contain the links to the blogs, and so much more. I have in the works, a general COPD information and resource page, and one for "health" that will be the link to my recipe blog and nutrition and exercise information and videos?

One thing I am excited about... That you might not be...


The addition of ads. 

Now, hold on. LOL

I am not putting them on every page. And they are RELEVANT ads. There will be a page called Favorite Things, and it will only show ads from merchants and specific items, that I put on there. Things like air purifiers, and furnace filters, clothing, food, anything else I love.

And yes, if you click on an ad and make a purchase, I will make a very modest amount of money. But, I have no other way of generating income while waiting for Social Security to make a decision. Which might be another year or so. UGH! It is a page that you never have to visit, unless you want too.

I hope you will stick with me through the many upcoming changes. If you would like to visit the incomplete site, please check it out at www.hopeforcopd.org and let me know what you think, suggest changes or additions. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COPD Unaware

COPD Unaware A guest post by Duke Reeves  Despite the advances in medicine and technology, COPD rates and the financial burden of COPD continue to rise. While part of the rising rates can be attributed to a growing population, the bottom line is that the majority of COPD cases are preventable through awareness and education.  The most common symptoms and signs of COPD are shortness of breath, chest tightness, coughing up mucus, and a chronic cough. Looking at these symptoms, it’s easy to see how we can brush them off and assume they are from a common cold or old age. However, by brushing these symptoms off we are setting ourselves up for a potentially rude awakening. COPD is a progressive disease which means the longer it goes untreated the more damage it’s going to cause. The best way to ensure you live a full life with COPD is by catching the disease as early as possible. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) predicted COPD would become the 3 rd leading cause of death in

COPD at 40

COPD AT 40 Hi everyone, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Justine Peach. I am a 40 year old woman with a beautiful 16 year old daughter and I live in Melbourne Australia. I used to have a wonderful job that I loved doing. I worked as a nursery hand in a wholesale plant nursery. I moved between two different areas every six months. For the first six months I would be doing all areas of the work place. I would transplant baby plants into trays on a conveyor belt or moving trays of plants to their designated area to grow. Once ready we would be moving the trays from the ground to a trailer attached to a buggy and put them down ready to pick orders. Staking tomato plants, or watering the entire stock. Sweltering on hot days in greenhouses. There were many different areas and depending on staff and stock as to what our job for the day would be. The other six months I would spend at the main nursery department as a dispatch worker. Getting plants ready to load on t

Falling in Love with COPD

FALLING IN LOVE WITH COPD So, this isn't the first time I have fallen in love... But, is the last time I do. Or did. Except for my baby girl Tiny. And no, there is no one new in my life. It all started about 11 years ago when a couple I am friends of mine owned their car sales lot... I used to go in and hang out with my my friend and we would talk about the guy that worked with them, who flirted with me every time I came in. We talked about what an amazing worker he was, handsome... Oh my! Great with kids, great at everything he did. How he would be a great husband and father one day. He kept dropping hints about where he would be on a Friday or Saturday night, but I didn't bite. For months. I was afraid...  Somehow I knew that if I gave in, I would get hurt so bad. One night, he said he would be at the little bar by my house and that I should come in and have a drink with him... I called a friend to see if she would mind going in there with me and she agre